Global food is NOT all non-veg! With ingredients easily available in India, gyaniguy’s foodie traveler Ani shows you how to quickly put together a family treat. Ani cooks a healthy snack from Thailand, called Green Papaya Salad.
This is a popular Lao dish. This video will teach you how to make Lao Papaya Salad. Enjoy!!!
Watch Luke as he prepares one of his all time favourite Thai dishes, Green papaya salad. For more great recipes and information about Luke Nguyen’s Greater Mekong, go to SBS Food online.
Suda Khruasanit, Pranee’s sister-in-law will share with you her famous dish: Som Tum Sua. It is a green papaya salad with salted crab and rice noodles. You may omit the salted crab from the recipe. This video is to show you that there is variety of Som Tum in Thai cuisine.
Thai Papaya Salad
A traditional Thai recipe on how to cook Somtam using swede instead of papaya. The taste is surprisingly indifferent whether using papaya or swede.
1. Crush a small handful of unsalted peanuts with mortar and pestle. Set aside. Wipe the mortar and pestle clean.
2. Melt palm sugar in a small pan at low to medium heat, add 2 tbs of water. Cook until you have a shiny thick syrup.
3. Peel the papaya (or swede), shred it with a shredder to thin stripes and soak them in cold water while you prepare the rest of the salad.
4. Cut the green beans into one-inch pieces. Throw away the endings.
5. Take the chilies and peeled garlic and give them a gentle bash with mortar and pestle. You still ought to see bits and pieces, not a puree. Add the shrimps and continue bashing. Add the crushed peanuts and mix well.
6. Add the shredded papaya and continue bashing, but not too hard. Just enough so the mixture soaks up the flavours. Use a big table spoon as a support tool to shift the salad in the mortar while bashing and mixing.
7. Add the liquid palm sugar, tomatoes, beans, lime juice and fish sauce. Continue the light bashing, shift with the spoon, and mix a little more.
8. Put it all on a big plate or in a bowl, sprinkle some crushed peanuts on top and serve.
Papaya salad should be served with sticky rice.
After a 2 year of break PSY is back with his 6th album ‘PSY6甲’!
The album’s weighty title song ‘Gangnam Style’ is composed solely by PSY himself from lyrics to choreography. The song is characterized by its strongly addictive beats and lyrics, and is thus certain to penetrate the foundations of modern philosophies.